The national Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Pakistan is looking for candidate to fill the following vacancy in Islamabad delegation:
Protection Project Manager
– Master’s degree in Project Management or equivalent
– 6 years work experience in a similar field
– Good knowledge of the global and national humanitarian protection context
– Fluent in written and spoken English
– Excellent research and technical writing skills
– Excellent project management skills, including planning, monitoring and evaluation
– Excellent analytical skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Team leadership skills
– Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of all protection activities, mainly Restoring Family Links (RFL) or those aimed at preventing family separation and restoring and maintaining contact between family members, in situations requiring a humanitarian response
– In charge of coordinating, advising and strengthening the capacity of Pakistan Red Crescent in the implementation and project management of LOST helpline, a project comprising of a network of 50 RFL reporters based in public hospital throughout the country providing RFL services, psychological first aid and referrals with the support of a nationwide helpline that refers callers to the nearest RFL trained staff/volunteer.
– Maintains contacts with Pakistan Red Crescent and local authorities at various levels in relation to the LOST helpline project, as required.
– Contributes to the formulation of strategies and plan of action related to RFL program with Pakistan Red Crescent.
– Advises the Head of Protection on the strategy on ensuring protection of those affected by disasters/emergencies.
Assists in ensuring effective integration of the ICRC protection standards within the overall operational approach and programs of the delegation.
– Takes the lead in written technical reporting and research.
– Liaises and maintains internal coordination within relevant ICRC departments and programs to ensure a cohesive relationship with national stakeholders.
Apply Instructions for this Job
Should you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements and be interested for this position, please submit your cover letter and complete CV to the following address:
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
House 12, Street 83, G-6/4, Islamabad, by latest 2 January 2017.