Business Administration Karachi
Leadership and Ideas for Tomorrow
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE PROFESSIONAL
Institute of Business Administration, a premier business school of the region, seeks the services of dynamic, self-motivated, proactive, and customer-oriented library and information science professionals. The institute has transformed its library facilities with cutting edge concepts and is considered amongst the leading academic research libraries in the country.
Technology Services Executive (1 Position)
As member of public services team, the incumbent will support Deputy Librarian, Public Services in handling technology services function of the library.
– Assist in managing technology intensive library learning spaces and functions.
– Troubleshoot and maintain access to the digital products.
– Provide information retrieval support and on spot consultations in using electronic databases and other specialized products.
– Support public service by performing duties at ‘Ask Us’ and ‘Check-in/Check-out” desks; and in conducting library orientations and instructions.
– Provide assistance in preparing research guides, maintaining institutional repository and social media presence.
– Assist library staff in troubleshooting library automation system and other technology related issues.
Qualifications and Requirements
– MLIS from HEC recognized university
– preferably having a Computer Science degree / diploma – with 01 year relevant experience, strong commitment to excel in his / her professional career in technology support function of an academic library.
– Knowledge of emerging trends in library technologies in information services.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude towards technology oriented customer services.
– Proficient in use of computer in office work and library related tools.
The successful candidates may require to work on day, evening, or weekend hours at any campus site, on rotation basis.
Apply Instructions for this Job
Interested candidates should complete and submit the Online Pre-Employment Application form at: https://careers.iba.edu.pk along with their updated CVs, within 15 days from publication date of this advertisement.
Head of Human Resources Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
University Road, Karachi