Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is seeking faculty in the Philosophy Department. This position requires a PhD from an HEC-recognized university or a foreign accredited university in relevant fields of Philosophy. MPhil degree holders from an HEC-recognized university or a foreign accredited university will be considered for Visiting Faculty only.
Successful candidate is expected to teach in the 4-year Baccalaureate Honors program as well as a postgraduate program. Teaching experience and research skills are important along with willingness for community service.
* Regularly teach some or all of the core courses of the Philosophy Department (Introduction to Philosophy, Logic, Ancient and Medieval Philosophy, and Modern to Contemporary Philosophy).
* Occasionally teach other courses in the Department (possibly including, but not necessarily limited to, Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, Epistemology, Metaphysics, Symbolic Logic, Philosophy of Science, a senior capstone course, and upper-level courses on individual great philosophers).
* Maintain good pedagogical practices. (Adapt to the needs of a diverse student population; maintain regular office hours; reply to student emails in a cordial and timely fashion; provide students with clear syllabi/course outlines; invigilate/proctor exams; monitor student writing for plagiarism and report cases of plagiarism to the Vice Rector’s office; grade assignments in a fair, consistent, and timely manner; etc.)
* Standard committee responsibilities as a member of the Humanities faculty.
* Standard advising responsibilities. (The new teacher may also be asked to be the official Advisor to the undergraduate Philosophy Society.)
All faculty ranks are welcome. Designation and salary will be commensurate with qualifications, teaching skills, research and experience. Spoken and written command over English is a prerequisite.
Apply Instructions for this Job
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three letters of reference. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line of email.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is an equal opportunity employer.
Last date for application: Position open until filled.