We are looking for a seasoned finance candidate to join as Head of Finance. In this role, you will provide leadership and guidance to the Finance function, be accountable for the quality of agency and liner books and related reporting, ensure compliance with local tax and statutory regulation under Maersk Group COMMIT framework, maintain a strong local focus on net working capital, partner with local customers as well as suppliers, and ensure that the cluster’s result and performance measures are done on “one set of numbers”.
Reporting to the Regional CFO, who is based in Dubai, and being a core member of the Pakistan Cluster leadership team, you will play a key role in influencing the business priorities and overall business direction based on financial insights and expertise.
A significant and strategic role in Maersk Line Pakistan cluster where you will utilise your finance expertise to help set the business agenda and achieve the overall organisational goals.
Through your day-to-day leadership and work, you will gain an in-depth understanding of financial management in a market leader in the industry, sharpen your commercial acumen and enhance your stakeholder management skills. In addition, you will have visibility and exposure in the leadership team, regional and global finance community for future career development within the organisation.
• Accountable towards HQ Finance for local statutory reporting requirements are met and filed in accordance with local accounting policies.
• Manage local tax compliance for both local entities and liner companies operating in the cluster. Accountable for timely and accurate tax filing and settlements, as well as adherence with HQ instructions.
• Maintain an efficient work relationship with the off-shore service centre.
• Follow the control framework set by HQ Finance, ensure that control activities are properly executed in the agency processes (including fraud awareness) and provide feedback to HQ Finance on control deficiencies in the local environment.
• Accountable for dunning and customer contact within the Pakistan/Afghanistan cluster. Ensure payments are made on time and per terms.
• Lead and manage credit review and performance of clients to make recommendations to the leadership team.
• Lead Business Finance team, control revenue leakage from waivers and write-offs and leverage team to provide customer yield analysis.
• Validate financial impact of business decisions including, accounting impact, cash flow impact, profitability, financial risk and tax exposure.
• Monitor agency cost and ensure adherence to people and administration cost budgets.
• Sign off monthly cost reports and constructively challenge expenditure where necessary.
We are looking for
• A solid financial educational background as Chartered Accountant or equivalent master’s degree in Accounting and Finance.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ related finance and accounting experience in an international organisation. Industry experience is preferred, but not a must.
• Substantial people leadership experience with a proven track-record of selecting and coaching finance professionals.
• Possess a high degree of analytical skills and is capable of combining strategy with financial insights.
• Strong commercial acumen to understand and challenge numbers based on a business agenda.
• Experienced in working closely with offshore teams in shared-service centres.
• Excellent English proficiency.
Please click here to Apply Online